Thursday, January 9, 2014

All my bags are packed...



Well, here they are: all of my bags (and only one of them is overweight!!)!  Ahhhh!  I can't believe this is all really happening!  Thank you so much for all of the packing help and emotional support I got last night from Hannah and Lindsey.  My parents should get BIG shout-outs as well for putting up with my less-than-ideal stressed-out attitude as of late...  They have both been very supportive and loving, even when I have not deserved it!  I leave early out of O'Hare tomorrow morning.  My route (sorry Bridget and Pam #thisamericanlife) will be Chicago to Panama City to Santa Cruz to Cochabamba.  In total, the flights and layovers will take me roughly 18 hours.  I will be greeted at the airport by my host family and all of the Maryknoll Lay Missioners who are already in Cochabamba!  Very excited and ready for this adventure to start--but also very sad to be leaving all of my wonderful friends and family back in the states.  That said, let the Bolivian vacation planning begin *hint, hint* ;)

5 comments:

  1. Tears.... this picture just made it real. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurlllll, go set this world on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels! And, many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safari njema, dearest Caitlin! Can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete